Monday, May 9, 2011

Basics of Life

As a child growing up in the Milby household, Mom Linda would blare 4Him during here cleaning duties.  This is just one of many songs that has stuck with me through my life.  The Basics of Life. 
Over the past few weeks I have been overwhelmed with many of the stressors life can place upon one's life, work, going back to college, trying to make career changes, etc.  However, some where along the way I have started to try and take control out of God's hands. During my reading of Crazy Love Chan said worry implies we don't quite trust that God is big enough, powerful enough, or loving enough to take care of what's happening in our lives.  Stress says that the things we are involved in are important enough to merit our impatience.  So I guess I am stuck between the two of them. 
I have never been a control freak, nor have a been the type of person that needs the here and now.  But lately I am trying to get the here and now and not allowing for God to run His plan in my life and for that I am sorry.  Getting back to the basics is my motto for the week. 
As Mom Linda has always told me via

Proverbs 3:5-6 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.

And then one verse that I came across

John 14:1 “Let not your hearts be troubled. Believe in God; believe also in me.

My motivation for the week is to just give Him the burdens and let Him take care of the rest for He has a plan for me. 
So I hope that if you are having a bad week, stressed about decisions, etc read this verse a few times over, watch the video.  I hope that it can bring about some comfort to your current situation(s). 
Blessings to all. 
Feel free to post your thoughts, concerns etc. 

No comments:

Post a Comment