Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter Sunday

I hope that Easter finds you all doing well.  Today is professed by many as one of the most historical moments in all mankind.  Today is the day that Jesus arose from a tomb.  Many will argue that Christ birth might be the most significant part of the story, but to me it is in the book of Matthew starting with Chapter 26 that we get the greatest love story ever told.  God sent his one and only Son to die for all of us so that one day we can live in Heaven for enternity. If all things that we ever knew came to an end today, do you know where you will be tomorrow?  Ponder on this for just a little while. 
As Jesus prepared himself after the last supper: there are many accounts on which he questioned his purpose.  I know that we are always questioning our purpose our place, what we are here for but just imagine what one would have to endure when they knew that their time was limited.  As Jesus prayed, he was not questioning the plan of God, but reaffirming the plan by saying Yet not my will, but as you will.  I am one person that can not imagine what he was going through during this time.  He knew from birth that God had a plan for him, he knew his days were limited, and he carried the burden knowing he would be tasked to die for all sins. 

In Matt 26:39 Going a little farther, he fell with his face to the ground and prayed, "My Father, if it is possible, may this cup be taken from me.  Yet not as I will, but as you will."  40 Then he returned to his disciples and found them sleepings. "Could you mean not keep watch with me for one hour?"  he asked Peter, 41 "Watch and pray so that you will not fall into temptation.  The spirit is willing, but the body is weak." 42 He went away a second time and prayed, "My Father, if it is not possible for this cup to be taken away unless I drink it, may your will be done."  43 When he came back, he again found them sleeping, because their eyes were heavy.  44 So he left them and went away once more and prayed the third time, saying the same thing. 45 Then he returned the disciples and said to them, "Are you still sleeping and resting? Look, the hour is near, and the Son of Man is betrayed into the hands of sinners.  46 Rise, let us go! Here comes my betrayer!"

Moments later Judas arrived with armed men and turned Jesus over as Jesus had previously told him he would do.  What was ahead has been dipicted in films and been repeated and told time and time again.  We know the story. 
As I was speaking with Jetona today I told her about my continued emotions that I have anytime I share my thoughts and beliefs with anyone. As I have moved closer and sought more from the word and decided to lay my life in his hands I have become more emotional, I am not afraid to say it I am an emotional Christian, I am proud of that. What makes me so emotional about it is God gave up his son to die for ME.  I am not perfect, I am not without sin, yet he knew me before I was born and knew that one day I would pick up my cross for him, it was his knowing of this that he planned for his son to die for me.  Moving? YES! 
However, what gives my life most enjoyment is not the fact that he died for me (which I am forever grateful) what gives me assurance is the fact that he rose as he said he would and promised to come back again to take me home.  Take me to that wonderful place of no more pain, no more sorrow, a place that is being prepared for me and my family not for how many good deeds I do here on Earth, not for how many I bring to him, but because I took his love that he gave years ago and ACCEPTED it.  And upon my acceptance of that love all my imperfections were forgotten and I was cleansed. 
I ask who of you out there have never accepted this unconditional love, who of you out there maybe once accepted but you have veered off the path, its not to late to come back to him.  He is waiting with arms stretched open wide, he is waiting for you to come back home, there is nothing more joyous than this moment in life than now to hear is his calling and to say yes Lord, I will accepted your love. 
My prayer is that my salt and light has started to show to you.  I hope that my witness continues to touch you.  I continue to hope that my words continue to create a stirring in you that you can no longer resist.  I am not here to bringing you to Christ as that is your CHOICE, but I am here to present his life to you, hopefully in a way that resonates within you that you can only want to serve him throughout your remaining days.  My prayer is that one day when the trumpet sounds, and we are all called home that I can find you in Heaven and we can have one of the greatest homecomings ever.  I love each of you, those who will read this that I know, those of you who might be out there that can see this that are strangers to me.  But most importantly know that God loves us so much that years ago he became flesh in Jesus, put him on a cross, had him mocked, beat, broken, etc so that we can accept him and have enteral life with him forever. 

I hope God blesses you and your family greatly and you can (if haven't already) accept all the greatness he has for you and yours.

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful and inspirational post! So blessed to have you as my husband!

    ReplyDelete