Wednesday, April 20, 2011

What if time was limited? Movie Review: Reconciliation

What if you found out information today that would bring up the ghost of your past, that could possibly lead to continued nightmares in your future if not dealt with properly?  Would you do something about it?  Would you let the chance pass you by?  What would you do? 

On Saturday I stopped by the Christian Bookstore in Campbellsville, I am not sure why I truly stopped but it was a great visit and I actually felt as if I was being tugged to the store.  While I only purchased a minor book I received their circular with my purchase.  While looking over the items, I was stopped by a movie that was for sale.  The movie Reconciliation.  So today while passing through Bowling Green,  I was needing something exchanged at the mall, well Jetona asked I exchage something for her so I obliged.  The mall visit was a blessing for me.  While there I stopped by Life Way Christian and picked up my movie.  This evening we watched what is in my opinion one of the most moving movies I have seen in a while.  Not to give away all the goodness of the movie it was about a boy and his father Reconciling after 25 years of differences.  As the description calls it Reconcilition is a groundbreaking, provocative story about an estranged father and son struggling to overcome the heartbreaking consequences of their past... I highly recommend this movie for the family, checkout the bio of the movie and the trailer at the following http://reconciliationmovie.com/home.html .


What the critics are saying...


"RECONCILIATION is a one of those rare finds among films..." - The Dove Foundation


"RECONCILIATION brings quality actors, writers and filmmakers into the Christian genre. Hallelujah!! "
- Melinda Ledman, hollywoodjesus.com



"RECONCILIATION is a star shining brighter than any other Christian film I’ve seen in a long time, maybe ever." - LaVonne Mclver, Examiner.com


"A must see heart-rendering movie that demonstrates deep LOVE and FORGIVENESS!" - Stephen Black


 "RECONCILIATION is heart-breaking, tense, funny, hope filled, inspiring, reflective...I love the movie's honesty!" - Randy Thomas



One of the biggest things the movie stressed is the fact that we are all sinners, but God loved us enough that he gave his son for us so that we can live eternally with him John 3:16.  Very fitting as we head into Easter weekend. 

Most importantly though it also makes you think about are there things we need to reconcile with individuals in our lives.  So, use this time to call someone up, visit someone, to make sure that your relationship is on solid ground, mend any broken fences. 

If you get the chance to watch this movie I hope you enjoy the greatness as it deals with many issues that society faces or even some issues that we face within our own lives. 

As I stated yesterday I have an issue that I will be addressing in the future and I now know why I had such a strong sense of needing to watch this movie.  In a day that we need signs from the Lord on what our purpose is or for a sign that leads us in another directions in life, this movie was my sign that I am doing exactly at this time what I am suppose to be doing.
Thank you Lord, I understand. 

No comments:

Post a Comment